Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Payback time

I've always joked about the fact that I never seemed to have gone through that hormonal, I have a mad crush on boybands and the cute guy in class stage when I was 15. In fact when I was 15 I was dreamy and preternaturally solemn and also somewhat depressive.

Ok I'm still dreamy and somewhat depressive but that's really a story for another time.

Anyway, recently I think I must have finally hit that stage where one gets mad obsessions about pop stars with floppy hair and nonsensical crushes on random boys.

For one thing I went through a stage earlier this year of swooning, yes, really, swooning over Jay Chou much to the horror of all the sane logical people in my vicinity.

And now, NOW I have apparently decided to have mad crushes on random people I meet.

Today on my way home from school(actually it was the supermarket but school sounds less aunty) this dark haired medium tall guy got on and sat across me and started gabbing on his mobile in french.

And I swear, he had the most adorable smile I had ever seen in my life. He was on the phone chatting volubly and amiably with his friend and occasionally smiling at a joke and I swear that the charm and general good naturedness contained in that smile made the stars dance.

He had these impishly crooked teeth, you know, the kind that only serve to make a smile ever more boyish and full of mischief and dimples that flashed and winked every time he moved his lips.

It made my day, it really did. I mean, all those glum looking city slickers around me and you get this guy in a grey coat and green scarf who smiles like the world is this great wonderful place and I just wanted to beam back at him in return. As it was, I sat there with my lips twitching in an effort not to start grinning like a mad stalker person and only let myself smile when I got off at my stop.

Whereupon he sailed off on tram 8, still on his phone saying unintelligible things in french,still smiling his adorable smile and probably never to be seen again.

Isn't it mad? And isn't it so 15 years old and feeling faint because the boy you liked breathed in your direction today?

Ah well. I knew my adolescence would catch up with me someday.

Bonjour to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

My Dear,

People of all ages often experience wild and random urges toward the opposite sex. At age 68, I just hope they come along every once in awhile, even though I'm happily married and fairly content. Nothing for you to put yourself down about.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Hannah Neo said...

hahahahahahahahahha.... silly girl.... i do that too!!

5:39 AM  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

i've got a thing for jay chou too! :)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home