Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Just a bad day



I went to a church thing on monday night that involved having dinner with a bunch of girls and then some bible study after.

Have you ever sat somewhere and felt totally alone despite all the people around you? That is essentially how I felt on monday.

It wasn't their fault; it was mine. There were just things going on in my life, things that had been happening that day and the day before that had nothing to do with them but conspired make me feel weepy and irritable.

And while they shared and giggled together, my secrets both great and small rose up before my face and I could barely breathe. I could not tell, but holding it all inside got so hard at that point.

I said little but nodded along and tried to paste a concerned/studious look on my face when all I really wanted to do was to run home and hide under my quilt and shiver.

I'm okay. But I think it's going to take alot to persuade me to get out of bed for the next couple of days while I wallow.

Sometimes, a girl just needs bed and a tub of decadent ice cream to help soothe the nerves a little.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

When you call yourself "repressive" do you mean depressed or repressed? Repressive means to me (a man who did follow his literary heart to become an impoverished but eventually fulfulled person) that you "repress" others.

I don't think you meant that, did you?

I like your self expression. Clear, mature, and you let a person in to see what's up.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Hey! How can one waste any time in churches who calls herself a feminist? The church is the worst oppressor of women that I know of. The Commandment which tells us not to covet our neighbor's possessions, classes wives as one of those "owned" objects just like his ass and other "things".

10:27 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

Geo: I did mean repressive. I don't repress others but I do repress much of my personality.

Also I think there will always been enormous tension between my liberal feminist self and my christian self. I'm honestly unsure at this stage if it will ever be resolved either way.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Hannah Neo said...

Allo! What happened? You can call me if you wanna k?

7:36 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

The ice cream, the time in bed and too many episodes of Dawson's Creek have been had.

=)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home