Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sound and Fury

Because I love good writing that strikes a chord within me, here's a link to Mercermachine's latest post.

Ironically, I too, read it on a day of "leaden sky and turgid waters", except that being in Melbourne there were gusts of southwesterly winds buffeting the building I sit in as well. A day that sets the stage for Autumn's act.

Oh, bring back the halcyon days of summer past.

I could brood but instead, I'll post up excerpts from his post that struck chords and more than chords within me.

" It should come as no surprise to you (or me, for that matter) that I have loved before, that I have felt passion that brought down all my reason"

A passion that brought down my reason? Yes, yes and yes again.

"You've loved the wrong person or the right person in the wrong way or at the wrong time. You have, at one time or another, felt the very core of you being ripped away, be it in passion or sorrow or, God help you, both at once. You have known the coffee spoons. You have dared to eat a peach. You have heard the mermaids singing each to each, and you have learned what it is to drown and yearn for drowning, for the cessation of breath. You have learned that both passion and loss will give you an appetite for annihilation… and if you are reading this you have, one way or another, turned away from that siren's call. The dead don't read blogs."

Wrong person, wrong time, wrong everything. Yes again.

And to yearn for cessation of breath, to yearn to wander the country from whose bourn no traveller returns.

Yes and yes to all of the above.


A toast, to all who have loved and lost and lived through it all to tell the tale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home