Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pamela

I've got an absolutely adorable tutor for corporations law this year. She's blonde and slightly chubby and has such nice smiley,friendly blue eyes. Plus she's so intelligently ditsy(was that an oxymoron?) she makes the entire class fun just because it's so cute to watch her.

Most really smart people are so awfully inaccessible because they seem so clever that trying to talk to them is an utter headache (plus stressful because I'm not particularly smart) but she really tries to make corporations law accessible which is good because corps law is insanely boring.It ranks second to civil litigation which was so crushingly boring I wanted to claw my eyeballs out and stab myself just to relieve the mind numbing boredom of the class. Seriously, I started cutting class just to avoid mutilating myself.

Anyway back to my corporations law teacher, I just found out that she co authored some book on Corporations law which judges quote from and that she's apparently really well known in corporations law circles. All that and she can still give this ridiculously silly but cute! imitation of a seal barking in order to explain the difference between a real seal and a company seal.

You know how in chick lit, you often get well meaning but ditsy and lovable protagonists? Well she reminds me of the heroine in the Shopaholic series of books. Except that she's obviously quite together and in control of her life despite being ditsy in some ways.

I guess it just goes to show what a huge difference a good teacher can make to any subject however inaccessible or boring it may be. Plus, it really helps that she's so approachable, I never have any qualms about approaching her with silly questions. (In fact, once when some one asked a terribly basic question, she actually turned around and apologized in her lovably flustered way for not teaching well enough so we understood the topic. )

I mean, which teacher actually apologizes for not teaching well enough??!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the part abt company seal vs. real seal is hilarious!

8:01 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

I know, she is that cute!!

plus she clapped her hands together while pretending to bark like a seal...it was so funny and cute I just about fell off my chair laughing.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home