Monday, March 20, 2006

Commonwealth Games

I've known since early last year that the commonwealth games were going to be held in Melbourne. But even when people were anxiously balloting for tickets to various games events, I remained unmoved and uncaring.

You can so tell that I'm not a sports fan.

But when a friend from church called up and offered a free ticket to the opening ceremony, I finally started getting completely excited. The day of the opening was so cool, the lights display and enormous light up fishies on the Yarra, the promised fireworks and lightshow....all conspired to make me as high as a little kid at the carnival.

There is no point to this whole post except to say that I totally love living in a city where stuff like that happens. I've gone for several of the games in addition to the opening ceremony(which was awesome by the way!) and I'm now broke but thoroughly happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home