Thursday, September 29, 2005

Commentary without pity

I was recently given a mild reproof for the supposed meanness of the comments I make. Not on this blog but at other times, once most notably while watching a Rob Schneider movie which was playing during a house party.

During the movie's one and only love scene, Schneider attempted to win his lady love over by saying " I know I'm not the most perfect guy in the world..." , the movie's stupidity finally got to me and I blurted out " No kidding man, you're a gigolo for God's sake".

The entire roomful of guys turned on me with horrified expressions on their faces. I was soundly reproved for the cynicism and meanness of my comment. I was also told( amazingly), that it just shows that girls these days were hardhearted and un feminine.

I didn't know which was worse, that a roomful of people actually wanted to watch a movie that coined words like "he-whore" or that they took offence at my making some acerbic comments about it. Come on, it was a Rob Schneider movie; it had giant women, made politically incorrect fun of Tourette's Syndrome and featured various other inane gags. It is not to be taken seriously, not even the love scene. It is there for you to make fun of and laugh at, not with.

Plus this is coming from the girl who cried watching Braveheart 5 times and cried all through several Chiong Yao( Taiwanese author who write sappy love stories) serials when she was in her teens.

I am not mean, I just think Rob Schenider makes movies so bad that they deserve a free for all when it comes to cynical and bitchy comments.

And if they think that my comments were mean, they need to read this site.

1 Comments:

Blogger L is for "Loves Random Ninjas" said...

ohhh no no this site takes the cake re meanness.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home