Tuesday, August 30, 2005

When shall we three meet again?

Well, I don't know about the witches, but the weather was perfect for a setting of Macbeth. Thunder, lightning, rain and unbelievably strong winds; folks, today Melbourne had it all.

Has anyone noticed that it only takes one thing to go wrong before the whole day starts to fall apart? Today, I came home to burn some photographs into a CD for a friend who's leaving for Kuching tomorrow. And Nero refused to work.

Then I discovered that my camera USB cord was missing.

After I made all the necessary calls and determined that some other friends had memory card readers and the requisite equipment necessary for burning the CD, I then tried to leave the house.

Bad idea.

Bad bad idea.

The wind literaly blew me back into my apartment building. I didn't get more than ten steps away before I fled back into the building. I swear that the rain was hitting my face horizontally and every step was a struggle against the damned wind.

Shelter never seemed so important before.

So here I am waiting for a friend to pick me up, listening to the wind howl and thinking some very dark thoughts about Macbeth, witches and computer screwups.

Hopefully, if bad things do come in threes, my three are done for awhile.

1 Comments:

Blogger limegreenspyda said...

yeah. i was nearly blown off the pavement and onto the road that day too!

and my car got pelted with hail (i was safely inside, fortunately) as i drove toward the city.

all in a day's work for melbs, but the people in taiwan declared a typhoon-holiday! tsk!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home