Sunday, December 31, 2006

Two Thousand and Six Things

It's 4am on New Year's day and as far as I know, most people are either asleep or still partying.

I'm neither so it seems like a good time to ponder the the year that has passed and to look toward the year ahead. This blog's been unattended and neglected so long I almost hope no one reads this. 4am ramblings are generally not the best place to showcase one's imagination and writing. Leastways not for me.

My favourite things( so glad they outweighed the bad this year)
1)Leaving my past behind behind behind. The 2006 me felt so free.
2) Eating and running around Melbourne with my beautiful "Fatfat" club...all those nights we spent dedicated entirely to eating our way through masses of food and then going for dessert after...they were the best.
3)meeting and making friends with some of the most honest and decent persons I've ever met. They set the bar high and I hope I'll always have people like that by my side.
4) Running 15km at a charity run. The high is unbelievable, the mental strength you gain, invaluable. If you can do this, if you can push yourself beyond your limits, you can do anything.

When the dogs bark and the bees sting:
1) leaving the past behind....that hurt. Alot.
2) Being reckless with my health and wellbeing....
3)Being tired alot. I hate that, I hate it when I get tired easily and can't do all the stuff I want to do.
4) Knowing that I'm looking at an uncertain future and then being terrified into paralysis by that idea.

This year I want to do more, think less but more wisely, run farther, sleep and eat more, have more discipline, save more, spend less on frivolities and yet be more frivolous because frivolity spices life and love more wholeheartedly and wisely the people around me.

I don't make resolutions; I never have. All those things people resolve to do, eat less chocolate, diet, exercise, quite smoking, quit drinking....I don't bother. If you want to do something, do it now and not wait for the end of the year to pretend that you're going to do it.

But the list, is just a list...of hopes for myself. That this year, I will be different, I will be strong, that I will learn something, that I will be better.

We can only hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy new year! I've always enjoyed reading ure blog and guess this is an opportune time to say so.. haven't read back ure posts far enough, but I'm glad 2006 was a good year for you, and here are my best wishes for 2007!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home