Monday, September 04, 2006

The wheels on the bus go round and round

After something like seven years of procrastinating, I've finally done it.

I've finally started driving lessons.

No I'm not sitting for the driving test anytime soon. Yes after all of two lessons, I still kind of suck and yes, as of right now, I am definitely a road hazard.

God alone knows what made me delay my driving lessons for so long. I think it was at least partly because of my fear of losing control of the car and being in a horrific accident. All those years of playing Daytona only to have one's simulated car crash into barriers, go onto the grass and finally flip over really scared me into thinking I could probably never ever learn to drive.

BUT, lucky for me, I have the world's nicest and most fatherly driving instructor. He speaks with a charming accent, tells me everything slowly and nicely and never yells at me when I make mistakes. He totally validates my decision to learn driving here instead of at home.

To make things easier on myself and also because I get confused by machine parts and having too many gears and levers, I decided to learn auto driving instead of manual. Yes I realise most people think that it's a mistake because while manual drivers can drive auto cars, the reverse isn't possible. But I got the feeling that manual driving would drive me crazy, what with the extra clutch to deal with and the confusion of having to move the gears in a certain way.

I really hope I pass my driving test before the year is out. I just heard about a friend who failed hers because she nearly drove into a lorry that suddenly reversed into the road and suddenly, all my optimism about driving just evaporated.

Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger 広い・ケン said...

don't worry di, you can do it! g'luck!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go for it! Can one lah!

8:17 PM  
Blogger jeffyen said...

Definitely can make it one... relax and practise as much as possible...! ;)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home