Thursday, December 01, 2005

Beautiful Australia

One of the things I love about studying overseas is the long lazy road trips that I take with my friends. This picture was taken at Wilson's Promontory National Park, its not one of the most popular or famous parks in the world but it should be; it was that gorgeous.

Think of one of the most beautiful beaches you ever seen, white sand stretching on endlessly. And the sea and sky meet and marry in a glorious harmony of blue. All this, and all to yourself.All the beaches we managed to visit on this trip, were almost completely or completely empty. Some were accessible only by a dirt track which we hiked.

We played frisbee, ran around taking photos because we were so breathless with the beauty of it and splashed one another in the rolling surf.

In the few days we were there, we hiked past gum trees and semi tropical forests, saw wild snakes(which nearly made me faint!), wallabies, wombats and two cute little echidnas. Fought off swarms of drunken flies and got back to our motel room exhausted every night.

This is the life.I feel so bloody lucky to have seen all this and experienced it with friends who turned out to be tons of fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dang... I really wanted to go there during my trip to Melb last year, but we were too tired driving over a few days coming back from Sydney to spend a day there..

7:36 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

well...we did have to take some awfully loooong hikes in order to get to some of those beautiful and empty beaches...

the longest one we did was 10km there and back =( was really aching that day i can tell you.

But it was so fun and now I'm dying to take more hikes in somemore of the National Parks.

Do come to Australia again. There's a famous national park up near darwin called Kakadu that is supposed to be fantastic. I'm dying to go there before I graduate.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home