Sunday, October 30, 2005

Anansi Boys is out in Australia

I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over.I must not buy that book until the exams are over........

ARGH.

Murphy's Law: Books you've been wildly anticipating will always get released in the middle of your exams.

I can't wait till the 14th November.

3 Comments:

Blogger limegreenspyda said...

i was browsing through it at readings a few weeks back! :) it's the hardback version which included his [handwritten] notes at the back!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Gilbert Koh aka Mr Wang said...

Tis the wrong way to use affirmations. Affirmations must be used in the positive. If you say to yourself, "I shall not think of a pink elephant. I shall not think of a pink elephant ...", then you will surely think of a pink elephant.

In your case, your affirmation should be something like "I am focusing on my exams. I am focusing on my exams. I am focusing on my exams."

12:40 AM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

*laugh*

Mr Wang: You're probably right. Reminds me hugely of Terry Pratchett, he too, used the pink elephant as an example. =) But, all the same, I shall probably be able to avoid it as long as I avoid bookstores for the next 3 weeks.

limegreenspyda: I saw it at Reader's Feast downtown but I think Readings would have it too. Darn it, now I'll want the hard copy and not just the paper back.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home