Thursday, June 23, 2005

Too Little Time

I've been resisting the urge to blog for a couple of days, mainly because I don't really want this to turn into a "personal diary" of sorts. Or at least not the kind that lists down and gives a blow by blow description of my day.

But over the past few days I've come to the realization that despite the fact that I'm halfway through my law degree, I'm not actually that keen on practicing law. I don't hate the thought but neither am I truly excited/interested in it. Although I have to say that I probably should try to get some internship experience before I make any huge decisions. For now though, I'll still take all the right classes and keep my options open.

The truth is that I'm going to be 24 in a month's time and I'll be 25 when I graduate. I just don't want to spend that much time mucking around in a profession I don't want to stay in. There is a pressing need to figure out what is it I really want to do and which industry I'd want to work in without wasting too much time.

God, life is so short.

4 Comments:

Blogger andrian martin dominic said...

Sigh, i dont want to practise law as a profession either, its too depressing as a profession and how it affects everything else

10:03 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

its not just depressing.

The hours are awful(at least in the first few years)

10:27 PM  
Blogger jeffyen said...

Adina, I'm wondering if you need to practise law per se, or are there related things that are appropriate for your degree also?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Blue Moon Mama said...

Hey - I AM a lawyer, and I'm not too keen on practicing law, either.

Sigh. To be studying Shakespeare instead. Still, it's nice to have a paycheck. It's not quite so easy to make a living with a lit degree, IMHO.

Good luck. I know it's practically a cliche, but there really are lots of things you can do with a law degree...

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home