Friday, June 17, 2005

24 little hours

Just a short note to say that I'll be flying back to Singapore tomorrow by the earliest SQ flight.

Am so excited to be going home this time!!! I've got so much stuff I want to do like the blogger's conference and most importantly NEIL GAIMAN IS COMING TO SINGAPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am SO going to go to his autograph session.

God, I never showed the remotest interest in boybands at any time but plop a writer I like in front of me and I turn into the most shameless groupie. I think if someone like Diana Wynne Jones came to Singapore I might just do the infamous thing all boyband fans do and go wait for her at the airport.

Ooooh and I might get to meet mrbrown and mr miyagi et al at the blogger's conference too!!!! *turns a cartwheel*AND Gilbert Koh, want to see what they all look like in real life. Being here made me miss all the TV/radio/newspaper stuff they've all been doing.

Theme song of the moment: What a Difference a Day Makes by Jamie Cullum

P.S Its 2 am and I still have to wash a week's worth of dirty dishes before bed. Sigh....I missed my maid SO much.

7 Comments:

Blogger takchek said...

I don't think Gilbert Koh (the lawyer) is gonna turn up. Otherwise, why would he set up a new blog under a pen name instead of slmjd?

10:57 AM  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

WHAT!!???!!!!
neil gaiman is coming to singas?? shit! and i'm still stuck here! *mutters* *grumble*

am exceedingly jealous. can you ask him to make a detour to melbs? please?

11:12 PM  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

oh! realised he IS coming down to melbs too! woohoo! :D

ok you go have fun in singas! i miss all those things you mentioned in your earlier post too! *wails*

11:34 PM  
Blogger jeffyen said...

hey i'm going for blogConned too! see you there ahahaa

1:41 AM  
Blogger enuwy said...

Hey hey, welcome back to Singapore! Text me when you're free - I'm free till 1 July!!

2:01 AM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

limegreenspyda: yeah I think he's going on a world tour to promote his new book Anansi Boys =) I've been waiting for a new book by him for a loong time.

takchek: I'm not sure about whether he'll show too. He seems very bent on preserving his anonymity which is a good thing in SG.

Jeffrey:oh you're going too? that's good. I was hoping the turnout would be good even if it IS in woodlands which is sooooo far from my place.

Enuwy: I'm using one of those top-up cards for my sg handphone so i have to go top it up before i can call or text. But I will once I go down to M1 to top it up.

8:14 PM  
Blogger GK said...

Daryl Sng asked me to be a panelist for the convention (there's going to be a 1-hour session on legal issues relating to bloggers - defamation, IP etc).

I agreed at first but now I've declined. If you meet Daryl at the convention, maybe he'll tell you why. ;)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home